After a season of gloomy weather, bedrooms often need a nice “pick-me-up” and adding a touch of color or a bouquet flowers never hurts. Here are 16 ways that you can ‘DIY’ your room to prepare for the upcoming season:
- Bring nature indoors by adding strings of flowers to accent pieces around your room.
Take the time to stop and smell the “flowers.” To save a couple of dollars, get the DIY here to make them out of paper.
- Going for the hipster look? Urban Outfitters has an assortment of tapestries to fit that tumblr-esque vibe.
You’re guaranteed to turn heads with this one. Check out their spring collection now and get the tapestry pictured above for under $30!
- Do you have a door that’s just too plain? Take the first letter of your name and decorate the monogram with faux flowers.
Maybe now your parents will call you by the right name. Check out this adorable DIY here.
- On your way to becoming a beauty guru but your makeup collection is a mess? Make your own organization system!
It can hold sugar, spice, and everything nice! Check out these budget DIY makeup storage ideas.
- Do you have a green thumb but not the space to plant a garden? Go out and buy some seeds, paint and a pot–voila, you have a mini garden!
Feel free to embellish your heart out on this one. Inspire yourself with this DIY.
- If you’re proud of your Instagram feed, show it off to everyone! Print out square pictures to look like your IG.
A picture is worth a thousand words. Learn how to create your own masterpiece here.
- Has your inner princess been concealed for too long? Go buy Christmas lights on sale to create a fairy tale look in your room.
- Here’s a bonus: add ping pong balls over the lights to create an even more enchanted look. All you’re missing now is a glass slipper and Prince Charming.
- Does school have you up late studying in bed, by your boring lamp? Spiff it up by adding some faux flowers (yes, more of them!) to the lampshade.
Maybe now you’ll stay awake (and not fall asleep) since you’ll be admiring your new chic lampshade. Create your own allergy-friendly DIY using these instructions.
- Rustic looks are beautiful and who doesn’t love doing DIYs on mason jars? Combine the two and the result is a beautiful flower vase (we’ll let you decide if you want real or fake flowers).
Take this project somewhere over the rainbow–the color choices are endless! Check out this hack here.
- “You know that place between awake and asleep…the place where you still remember dreaming…” Tinker Bell had it right, dreams are important. Make your own dreamcatcher out of everyday items!
A dream truly is a wish your heart makes. Catch them all with this helpful DIY here.
- Glow in the dark items can be very fun and are hard to come by. Revive your inner child by making a glow in the dark night light.
We promise there will be no monsters in the dark since your new light glows with radiance. Make your own galaxy in a jar with help from these instructions.
- Just like a caterpillar cocoons and turns into a butterfly, your room can have a transformation too! With dedication and time, you can make your own beautiful paper chandelier!
Combine this with the fairy lights DIY and you have a scene out of a Disney movie! Make your own version of this project with these instructions.
- Has your room looked the same since age 7? Add a pop of color to your lightswitch covers with inexpensive washi tape.
Whoever said “If it’s not broken, don’t fix it” never saw this DIY! Create your own lighting project with inspiration from this article.
- Want to add garland around your room but lights and flowers aren’t your thing? Say no more, we’ve got you covered.
Create these adorable fluff balls as a cute alternative to lights or flowers. Get the instructions here.
- If you’ve got a huge bed and obsessed with pillows, this last DIY is for you. Work your way up to your very own pillow fort with this project.
Enjoy your late night pillow fights with these fashionable pillows. Learn how to make your own here.