By; Gabriela Cordero
For all of you who have been dying to find ways to get better, stronger, longer, and healthier hair in a faster amount of time, follow these simple tips and you’ll be surprised by the impact it has from day one.
1. After washing your hair, do NOT rub it with a towel because, since it’s wet, it’s in the most sensitive condition. Shaking your hair with a towel and putting it over your head is detrimental because these methods can ruffle the cuticle and cause tangles, which can result in hair loss and frizzy hair. So, let your hair air dry and gently squeeze out excess water from your hair by simply patting it with the towel, but never the other methods.
2. If you’ve noticed that you’re shedding a lot of hair while taking a shower, a way to resolve this is by brushing your hair prior to washing it. This will avoid the creation of tangles when washing (wet hair is the most fragile), thus preventing more hair from falling off the scalp.
3. Another great tip is to massage the scalp in the morning and before going to bed has been the most effective way to stimulate hair growth, and besides that, it’s very relaxing for the mind.
4. Washing your hair daily will keep your hair from getting frizzy and greasy is a common misconception. In fact, washing your hair everyday or every other day will jeopardize the structure of your hair completely because it’s drying out the scalp and stripping it of the natural oils that it needs. Therefore, it’s recommended to wash your hair only once a week to keep it from going frizzy and falling out much quicker than it should.
5. Try to brush your hair less frequently as possible because by brushing your hair daily or brushing it 100 times before going to bed is in fact damaging and breaking your hair. Also, when you do brush it (because you actually need to due to knots/tangles), preferably use a comb and start from the bottom and work your way up because its better than the opposite since starting from the top breaks the hair and yanks the roots of the scalp and all the hair that has already been grown and the new hair that is starting to grow in.
In conclusion, by following these simple tips, your dream hair length and texture won’t be too hard to achieve.